- July 5, 2019
- Posted by: ys
- Category: Company News, Low Volume Manufacturing, plastic injection molding
With the rise of automobile lightweight, more and more automobile plastic parts are used. Developed countries regard the amount of plastics used in automobiles as an important symbol to measure the level of automobile design and manufacturing. German automobile plastics account for 15% of the total material. In recent years, China’s automotive industry has developed rapidly. At present, the annual output of automobiles exceeds 4 million. Referring to the trend of foreign countries, the annual use of modified plastics in automotive industry will exceed 500,000 tons, of which engineering plastics account for a large proportion and are applied to various automotive parts.
- Nylon Material (PA)
Nylon is mainly used in automotive engines and engine peripheral components, the main varieties are GFPA6, GFPA66, enhanced flame retardant PA6 and other products.
- Application in automobile engine peripheral parts: Because the engine peripheral parts are mainly heating and vibration parts, most of the materials used in the components are glass fiber reinforced nylon. This is because nylon has good comprehensive properties. The main properties of nylon modified with glass fiber have been greatly improved, such as strength, product accuracy, dimensional stability, etc. In addition, there are many kinds of nylon, which are easy to recycle, relatively cheap, and so on. These factors make nylon an ideal choice for engine peripheral components. Intake manifold is the most typical application of modified nylon material in automotive field. In 1990, BMW Motor Company of Germany first used glass fiber reinforced nylon as raw material to manufacture intake manifold in six cylinder engine. After that, the intake manifold manufactured by Ford with glass fiber reinforced PA66 was applied to V6 engine, followed by major automobile companies around the world, and modified nylon intake manifold was widely used.
- Application in automobile engine parts: Modified nylon is generally used as the preferred material for engine cover, engine decorative cover and cylinder head. Compared with metal material, the quality of cylinder head is reduced by 50% and the cost is reduced by 30%. In addition to engine components, other stressed parts of automobiles can also use reinforced nylon, such as oil filters, wipers, radiator grilles, etc.
- Polyester Material (PBT)
In the field of automobile manufacturing, PBT is widely used in the production of bumpers, carburetor components, fenders, spoilers, spark plug terminals, fuel supply system parts, dashboards, automobile igniters, accelerators and clutch pedals and other automotive parts. The competition between PBT and enhanced PA, PC and POM in automobile manufacturing industry is very fierce. PA is easy to absorb water and PC is less resistant to heat than PBT. In the aspect of automotive takeover, PBT will gradually replace PA because of its better water absorption resistance than PA. Modified PBT is often used in the case of relatively high humidity and very humidity, because the plasticity is easily reduced by humidity and corrosion is easily caused at electrical node. PBT can still be used normally at 80 C and 90% relative humidity, and the effect is very good.
- Polyformaldehyde Material (POM)
The automotive industry is the largest potential market for POM materials. POM has the advantages of light weight, high hardness, abrasion resistance, creep resistance, chemical corrosion resistance and so on. It is very suitable for manufacturing automotive pumps, carburetor components, oil pipelines, power valves, universal joint bearings, motor gears, cranks, handles, dashboards, automotive window elevator devices, electric switches, seat belt buckles and so on, especially for slipping. Wear-resistant parts such as blocks are the strengths of modified POM. These parts have less wear on metals, reduce the amount of lubricating oil, and enhance the service life of parts.
- Polycarbonate Material (PC)
Modified PC has excellent heat resistance, impact resistance, rigidity and good processing fluidity. It is mainly used in automotive accessories such as exterior and interior decoration parts, instrument panel peripheral parts, anti-freezing plate, door handle, negative flow plate, bracket, bogie column sheath, decorative plate, air conditioning system parts, lamp parts and other automotive parts.
About JasonMould Industrial Company Limited
Jasonmould is a China mold maker of plastic molds- injection mold, die casting moulds, plastic blow molding, rotational molding, medical plastic injection molding, two shot plastic injection molding, insert molding, overmolding, metal injection molding, micro injection molding, powder injection molding, ceramic injection molding, liquid injection molding, husky injection molding, household mold, casting mold, die mold tool, custom molds, china moulds, rapid prototyping tooling, plastic prototyping tooling, punch press tooling, die and tooling for mobile/ cell phone parts, automotive parts, vacuum cleaners, rechargeable tools, telephones, copiers, computers, multimedia speakers, and many other electronic products and household appliances. And also a plastic product manufacturer, mold manufacturer China– plastic parts, plastic water tank, plastic balls, plastic containers, plastic buckle, plastic anchor, plastic hanger, plastic spoon, plastic pipe fitting, plastic tumble, plastic tableware, plastic cups, plastic bottles, plastic tray, plastic cosmetic container, plastic case, plastic food container, plastic chairs, plastic caps, plastic cap closure, plastic tubes, plastic water pipes, plastic knobs, plastic tubing, plastic utility boxes, plastic racks and so on.
Person: James Yuan
Company: JasonMould Industrial Company Limited
Add: LongGang Village,LongXi Town,BoLuo County,HuiZhou City,GuangDong Province, China